HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS and MALDON AND TIPTREE booked their places in the first qualifying round of the Buildbase FA Trophy.

In-form Swifts, seventh in the Bostik League north division with five wins from their six games, saw off south division outfit Carshalton Athletic 2-0.

Jody Brown’s side netted in both halves, with Lewis Godbold breaking the deadlock and Juan Luque adding a second at the Aspen Waite Arena.

Swifts will now travel to premier division Tonbridge Angels in the next round, which replaces their scheduled home game against AFC Hornchurch.

Maldon ran out 5-2 winners at Northwood, thanks largely to two goals apiece from Ryan Gondoh and Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe.

Northwood took a third-minute lead before Gondoh put his side level – turning and netting via the post - and then powered them ahead with a double in the first 30 minutes.

Ogedi-Uzokwe stroked home a penalty before Northwood scored again to end a thrilling first half just 3-2 behind.

However, Maldon moved up a gear after the break and two goals in the first six minutes of the second half put breathing space between the sides.

Johnville Renee notched their first, curling a shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the area, before Ogedi-Uzokwe’s tapped home his second.

The Jammers now host Walton Casuals, also of the Bostik League south division, and the first round qualifying matches will take place on the weekend of October 28.

WITHAM TOWN had a bye in the preliminary round and will open their Trophy account against Potters Bar, who thrashed Tilbury 4-0.

After a weekend off, Adam Flint’s side return to league action on Tuesday night, at Bury Town.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT were in Bostik League premier division action at Thurrock but had to be content with a share of the spoils after conceding twice in the last seven minutes and drawing 3-3.

George Doyle put the R’s ahead but Thurrock were on level terms before the break through Dennis Oli.

Robbie Rees put Regent ahead again two minutes after the restart and Billy Hunt soon made it 3-1.

However, Charlie Stimson gave the hosts hope seven minutes from time and Lewwis Spence salvaged a point at the death.

Regent return to the Taydal Stadium on Tuesday night for the first of two home games in quick succession, when they entertain Kingstonian.

Tooting and Mitcham United then pay a visit on Saturday.