Family thanks the efforts of firemen who tried to save their home after a fire spread to the roof

Mrs Dibben surveys the damage in her home

Mrs Dibben surveys the damage in her home

First published in Local News
Last updated

A family who were made homeless after a fire destroyed the roof of their house have thanked the fire service’s “sterling” efforts to save their home.

A fire, believed to have started in a derelict shed next door to their home, spread to the roof of their house, in Kings Road, Southminster, just before 10.45pm on July 30.

The couple’s two children James, 20, and Grace, 23, were not in the house at the time.

Mrs Dibben, 60, said: “We would like to publicly say a huge thank to our retained firemen for their sterling efforts in trying to save our house.

“After the fire was put out they were coming out of the house with armfuls of pictures and paintings and items that could never be replaced."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree