TEN-MAN Heybridge Swifts crumbled in the face of an onslaught from Isthmian North leaders Felixstowe & Walton United.

The Swifts led 1-0 and 2-1 but could not hold on to their lead after defender Tyler Brampton was dismissed harshly midway through the second half, losing 3-2 to their Suffolk rivals.

Rob Harvey gave the Swifts a deserved 11th-minute lead when his persistence brushed off the challenge of Stuart Ainsley to score with a low angled drive.

But Swifts lost the probing runs of Harvey to an ankle injury in the 27th minute and that was a bitter blow.

Luckily, the Swifts could call on Jack Adlington-Pile, back at Scraley Road after a brief spell at Brentwood Town.

The substitute restored Swifts advantage two minutes after the break, Felixstowe having equalised on the stroke of half-time.

Charlie Warren had made it 1-1 but they had gone close moments earlier when Callum Harrison had breached the Swifts backline only to hit the right-hand post.

Swifts went 2-1 up as Ross Wall claimed the assist with a fabulous chip into the path of Adlington-Pile who then lobbed the onrushing Felixstowe keeper.

Swifts manager Steve Tilson said: “That was a fantastic finish by Jack.

“On any other day, given the level of performance, we would have got something out of this match.

“But injuries and suspensions have racked up on us and they do hurt us because we have a small squad.

“Having Rob Harvey and Sam Park out is hard because they have been playing well since the start of the season.

“They will be missed but we showed today that we have a decent group of lads.”

Felixstowe grabbed a second equaliser on the hour when Brampton received his first yellow for giving away a penalty.

Worse followed a few minutes later when Brampton attempted to grab the ball for a quick throw and got embroiled in a tussle for the ball with a Felixstowe defender, receiving a second yellow from referee Christopher Poole who then flourished the red card.

Ten-man Swifts could not defy a late surge with Felixstowe bagging all three points when Harrison scored a 77th-minute winner.

Swifts were in action again at New Salamis last night (Wednesday) and go to Colchester United for a BBC Essex Senior Cup third-round tie tomorrow (Friday, 7.30pm).