MALDON and Tiptree registered their first Pitching In Isthmian League division north win of the season with an entertaining 3-2 win over Enfield at Park Drive, writes LEE WITNEY.

Despite the Jammers making the brighter start, it was Enfield who took the lead after just two minutes.

Enfield countered a Maldon throw and Dylan Florence set Rigers Kabashi through one on one with Luca Collins, the Enfield man finished with aplomb, rifling the ball high into the net to leave the keeper with no chance.

Despite being behind, the Jammers were looking bright and there were signs the Enfield keeper and backline still weren’t used to each other.

On 12 minutes, a mix-up between the keeper and defender saw a clearance hacked away when the keeper had called for it.

Maldon worked the ball back into a shooting opportunity, but Yassine El-Neyah’s effort was tame and goalkeeper Nwosu gathered with ease.

With just over half an hour gone, the Jammers had the goal their play deserved.

Billy Willis put in a peach of a cross that left Louis Britton with the simple task of slotting home his first Maldon goal, from close range.

With that goal, the confidence was coursing through Maldon veins and they should have gone into half-time in front.

Britton nearly doubled his tally as he tried to lob Nwosu after he latched into Chatting's great long pass but the ball went just over.

Nwosu nearly gifted Maldon the lead just before half-time as he made a complete mess of Gipson's long ball forward, inexplicably opting to try and kick the ball away rather than catch it.

The Enfield keeper completely fluffed his lines, allowing Britton to nip in.

But the ball wouldn’t sit for the Jammers man which allowed the keeper to just about recover and put the ball out for a corner.

Enfield restored their lead seconds after half-time; Caleb Steele stole in to capitalise on hesitation in the Jammers defence to slide the ball home.

As with the first half though, Maldon didn’t panic and still created chances.

Louie Remi saw a couple of half chances come and go and Britton headed over the bar, all within the space of four minutes.

Just before the hour, the Jammers were level again, with Britton tapping home from Remi’s fantastic corner into the back post.

With 25 minutes to play, the turnaround was complete.

It all came from some great pressing by Remi and El-Neyah right by the Enfield corner flag.

El-Neyah’s came away with the ball and fired a cross into the six-yard box, allowing George Smith to finish from close range.

Five minutes later, Britton was denied a hat-trick when Jack Johnson did just enough to clear his goalbound effort off the line.

A good save by Luca from Frankie Franz with ten minutes to go was as much as he had to do in what was a quiet second half for the home goalkeeper, as Maldon claimed victory.