MALDON and Tiptree’s wait for a first Pitching In Isthmian League division north win of the season goes on after a comprehensive 3-0 defeat at Brightlingsea Regent, writes LEE WITNEY.

The match took a while to get going, but it was the Jammers that created the first half chance of the afternoon just after the 20-minute mark when good pressing from Harrison Chatting forced the turnover.

He took the shot on himself but fired just over from distance.

A couple of minutes later, Regent who nearly took the lead, as Olly Sotoyinbo found space in the box and clipped a shot over the onrushing Luca.

Fortunately for Maldon, his shot was just a bit too high and the ball bounced off the crossbar and away.

On the half hour, Regent were denied by the woodwork again when Manny Ogunrinde burst into the box and cracked his effort against the post.

The hosts were gradually establishing more of a stranglehold on the game and with 38 minutes on the board, they took the lead.

Another ball through the middle was pounced on by Agyakwa, who made no mistake to lift the ball over Collins.

It was nearly 2-0 a couple of minutes later as Ogunrinde tried to repeat Agyakwa’s trick, but his effort landed past the post and Maldon were reprieved.

Within minutes of the start of the second half, Regent had loud penalty appeals turned down by the referee.

Maldon managed to work their way into the second period and were denied an equaliser by the woodwork on 55 minutes.

Louis Britton beat the offside trap and put a great ball in from the right where he found Louie Remi, who got a shot away despite of close attention from the defence.

The Jammers man took a heavy blow for his troubles as his shot cannoned back of a post.

With an hour gone, Brightlingsea were awarded a penalty after a push in the Maldon box from a corner.

Sotoyinbo stepped up and buried the ball high to Collins’ right to double the hosts' lead.

Then with 15 minutes left, the R's put the game to bed in spectacular fashion thanks to an absolute worldie from Agyakwa as he unleashed a thunderbolt from the outside of the box, leaving Collins with no chance as the ball nestled into the top left of his net.

A carbon copy of Agyakwa’s effort then smashed off the underside of the crossbar and bounced away, minutes later.

With five minutes left, the Jammers forced keeper Lewis Greene into his first meaningful save of the afternoon thanks to a fierce effort from centre-back Jayden Gipson, who had broken into the Regent box.

A Brightlingsea header hit the crossbar before the end, as the Jammers were beaten.

Maldon host Enfield at Park Drive on Saturday, as they look to kick start their season.