WITHAM TOWN bowed out of the Buildbase FA Trophy at the third qualifying round stage after losing 3-1 at home to Hanwell Town.

Tomasz Siemienczuk gave Hanwell a seventh-minute lead and although Andy O'Brien's own goal levelled things up after the break, goals from Dan Carr and Trevan Robinson saw Witham bow out.

HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS were also knocked out of the competition after losing on penalties to Hayes and Yeading United, at the Aspen Waite Arena.

Swifts fell behind in the fifth minute but goals from Lionel Ainsworth and Joseph Claridge looked to have won it for Steve Tilson's side, only for Moses Emmanuel to score a last-gasp equaliser for the visitors.

The tie went to spot-kicks and the visitors prevailed 4-1, to progress to the next round of the competition.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT'S FA Trophy match at Staines Town was called off, due to a waterlogged pitch.

The game will now be played on Tuesday night.

BRAINTREE TOWN ended their losing run in National League South with a 1-1 draw at Chippenham Town.

Myles Anderson's late strike halted a run of seven successive defeats, for Ryan Maxwell's side.

MALDON AND TIPTREE beat Tilbury 4-2 at Park Drive, in Pitching In Isthmian League division north.

Malachi Napa and Charlee Hughes both scored two goals apiece, with the visitors finishing with ten men after Lee Noble was shown a straight red card.

HOLLAND FC played out a crazy 6-6 draw with AFC Sudbury Reserves, in Thurlow Nunn League first division south.

Holland were 4-1 up at half-time at the MEL stadium and 5-2 up with 35 minutes to go but ended up drawing.

WIVENHOE TOWN beat Park View 4-3 at Broad Lane, with Karl Swanborough scoring twice and George Hart and Tyler Kemp also netting.

In-form HALSTEAD TOWN remain top of the table following a 6-0 triumph at Brimsdown.

Adam Hampson scored twice and Jordan Blackwell, Alfie Cleal, Joe Thomas and Jordan Palmer were also on target for the league leaders.

HARWICH AND PARKESTON were beaten 3-2 at home by Hackney Wick, at the Royal Oak.

Jamie Eades and Ben Hammond were on target for the Shrimpers.

In the Essex Senior League, STANWAY ROVERS were beaten 1-0 at Sawbridgeworth Town.

FC CLACTON lost 3-1 at home to Woodford Town, at The Austin Arena.

Jordan Lartey grabbed the Seasiders' consolation goal.

Two goals apiece from Harry Mann and Greg Rodger gave LITTLE OAKLEY a 4-3 home win over White Enisgn.

Acorns boss Matt Carmichael wrote on Twitter: '3 pts for @LittleOakleyFC were needed today. Harsh on @EnsignOfficial who deserved something from the game, but we've been on the wrong end of too many close results this year. Red card for myself too....'.