IT was a weekend when the weather hit the BetVictor Isthmian League schedule as waterlogged pitches caused the postponement of a number of games.

Call-offs came following prolonged spells of rain on Friday and Saturday morning and pitch inspections across the area denied many clubs the chance of weekend action.

There were three that survived the soggy conditions in division north, though, and one of those came at Park Drive where the leaders took full advantage of getting their game on.

Maldon & Tiptree reinforced their position at the summit and a 2-1 victory against visiting Dereham Town mean that Wayne Brown's team now have a four-point lead at the top of the pile.

They had to come from behind to get the three points against their visitors from Norfolk, though.

Dereham went ahead in the 16th minute when the hosts fell behind after Maldon keeper Ben McNamara conceded an own goal and it was a lead that they were still holding at half-time.

That situation continued into the second half, but only until the hour mark, when home defender Martyn Stokes pulled the Jammers level with an equaliser.

The comeback was complete 12 minutes later as in-form striker Danny Parish fired home to put Maldon 2-1 ahead and it was a lead they managed to still have at the final whistle.

While the Jammers did get action, though it proved a frustrating day for other north Essex sides in division north.

Witham Town had been looking to continue their own good form as they hosted Brentwood Town but a waterlogged pitch at the Simarco Stadium sunk those hopes and Coggeshall Town's game against Histon was a similar victim due to a soggy pitch at West Street.

That was also the case at Tilbury where there was a late call-off that also denied Heybridge Swifts action.

However, the pitch survived the winter weather at Leatherhead and that meant Brightlingsea Regent did get a game in the premier division.

Regent had won their previous two games, but were unable to make it three in a row as Leatherhead beat them 1-0.

The game's only goal came early as Will Salmon struck in the first minute and it proved a decisive blow.

Despite the defeat, though, Brightlingsea stayed one place outside the premier division's relegation zone.