HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS and WITHAM TOWN both celebrated last-gasp glory in the Bostik League.

The pair notched at the death to secure maximum points from their respective division north contests.

Swifts edged a hard-fought match at AFC Sudbury, thanks to a penalty from Sam Bantick.

The front man kept his cool to slot home in the 94th minute and secure a 1-0 victory.

Witham also had late joy, although their match was a more high-scoring contest as they won by the odd goal in five at Barking.

They came from behind thanks to strikes from Henry Fisher, Andrew Tirivanhu and, in the 90th minute, Johnny Ashman.

MALDON AND TIPTREE also put three points on the board with Sam McLeod hitting their winner in a 1-0 victory at home to Brentwood.

Elsewhere, there were defeats for both COGGESHALL TOWN and premier division side BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT.

Coggeshall, embarking on their first season at step three level, came unstuck at Dereham Town, losing 4-2.

Nnamdi Nwachuku and Luke Wilson were on target for the Seedgrowers.

Brightlingsea had a day to forget, shipping three first-half goals and slumping to a 3-0 defeat at home to Margate.

That was also the scoreline at Tendring neighbours FC CLACTON, who were in premier division action at home to Stowmarket Town.

The Suffolk side are expected to be up there challenging for the title this season and flexed their muscles with a comfortable win.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC'S unbeaten start continued with a 1-1 draw at Newmarket Town.

George Clarke scored their goal - his fourth of the season already.

There were high-scoring affairs in division one south.

Skipper Jordan Heath netted twice as HARWICH AND PARKESTON were involved in another topsy-turvy contest, this time pipping Fire United 4-3 at the Royal Oak.

Jake Kioussis and Sean Gunn also notched for the Shrimpers.

Incredibly, there were nine goals in the match between Newbury Forest and HALSTEAD TOWN, with the Humbugs shading proceedings 5-4.

Jordan Pavett was their hat-trick hero and he was joined on the scoresheet by Joe Jones and Callum Vincent.

The latter's strike was another late one, coming in the 88th minute.

Continuing the theme of late goals, Myles Passley buried a last-gasp penalty as WIVENHOE TOWN rescued a point at Hashtag United, drawing 1-1.

Both HOLLAND FC and COGGESHALL UNITED lost by the slender margin of 3-2 but LITTLE OAKLEY came from behind to draw 2-2 at Burnham Ramblers.

Talisman Harry Mann was on target and there was a debut goal for Matt Williams.

BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT RESERVES suffered a 6-1 defeat at Hackney Wick and BRAINTREE TOWN lost 3-0 at White Ensign.

Over in the Essex Senior League, STANWAY ROVERS went down 2-0 at home to Clapton.