BRIGHTLINGSEA Regent's search for a return to form went on as the R's suffered a fifth Bostik League premier division defeat in a row.

Despite Regent taking the lead in the first half of their top-flight encounter with Merstham at North Road, the visitors hit back and two goals in the final nine minutes of the game saw the hosts lose 3-1.

Things had looked to be turning in their favour in the early part of the match as Billy Hunt headed home from a free-kick by Jake Turner in the 12th minute.

However, the R's, who hadn't won for more a month, found themselves pegged back midway through the half when Charlie Penny equalised for Merstham.

That was how it remained until the latter stages, but Brightlingsea were denied a point as Alex Addai fired home in the 81st minute and Dan Bennett capped the visitors' win with a strike in the 90th minute as Regent chased a late leveller.

There was also a defeat in division north for MALDON & TIPTREE as they lost 2-1 to Mildenhall Town at Park Drive.

The Jammers also took the lead in the first half with a goal from Joe Ellul in the 22nd minute, but Josh Curry pulled the Suffolk side level on the stroke of half-time.

And worse was to come for the hosts as Mildenhall grabbed what proved to be the winning goal when Thomas Debenham struck to put them ahead on 51 minutes.

In Friday night division north action, there was nothing to separate WITHAM TOWN and HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS after 90 minutes at the Village Glass Stadium.

The local rivals matched each other in a 1-1 draw, but it was a game of two halves that had a dramatic and thrilling finale as Swifts were pegged back by their hosts.

Harrison Chatting gave Heybridge the lead in a first half that they dominated, but it proved crucial that they only held a single-goal advantage at the interval as Witham improved after the break.

Town's attacking play finally got it's reward in the 90th minute when former Swifts man Correy Davidson looped the ball into the net to earn a point for his side in a thoroughly entertaining fixture in front of a crowd of 407.