WITHAM Town extended their run of good Bostik League division north form as a 3-2 victory against Cheshunt brought a fourth win from their last five games.

A sequence of 12 games without a win seems a distant memory now for Witham, who have taken 13 points from a possible last 15 and are now 12th in the division north table.

They made harder work of dispatching Cheshunt than they may have wanted as not taking chances during a dominant second half allowed the visitors to put pressure on at the end, but Witham held on for the points.

They had the better of the early play, but got hit on the break in the 40th minute as Cheshunt went ahead thanks to a clinical strike from Kyle Roberts.

However, it was a short-lived lead as Witham attacked from the restart and Jeffrey Gyamfi deflected in a shot from Chinedu Osadebe to make it level at half-time.

Witham came out strongly after the break and Elliot Ronto picked himself up after being fouled in the 51st minute to fire in a second goal from the penalty spot.

With the lead behind them, Town looked to kill off the game and dominated possession, but they were unable to get a crucial second until the 86th minute, when Lance Akins headed in from a corner to give Witham the two-goal cushion they wanted.

It was a buffer they needed as well, as Jason Hallett fired in a second for Cheshunt on 90 minutes, but although the visitors piled on the pressure in the last few minutes, the Witham defence stood firm.

Elsewhere in division north, MALDON & TIPTREE are up to seventh after a 3-1 win at Soham Town Rangers extended their unbeaten league run to ten games in the league.

Goal machine Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe gave the Jammers the perfect start with an opener in the fourth minute, but Soham pegged them back at half-time as Jon Kaye levelled in the 41st minute.

It took Maldon until the latter stages to regain their lead, but an 83rd minute Chris Millar strike and a 90th minute penalty by Ogedi-Uzokwe stretched them clear at the end.

There wasn't a joyful return to league action for HEYBRIDGE SWIFTS, though, as, after a run of six games in a variety cup competitions, they were beaten 2-1 at home by division north leaders Dereham Town.

It had been almost a month away from the league for Jody Brown's team, who had Luke Callander on target, but a seventh minute Jamie Forshaw goal and one on 32 minutes by Toby Hilliard won it for Dereham.

There was also a defeat in the Bostik League premier division for BRIGHTLINGSEA REGENT.

It was late heartache for Tom Rothery's side against visiting Folkestone Invicta as they had looked set for a share of the points as Matt Cripps' 52nd minute strike had levelled and opener by Sam Hasler before the break.

However, Regent were denied a point when Adam Yusuff fired in a 90th minute penalty to give victory to the Kent side.