HEYBRIDGE Swifts had late goals to thank for their continuing interest in this season's FA Trophy.

They will have more than a passing interest in Monday's third qualifying round draw after two strikes inside the final ten minutes gave them victory in their second qualifying round clash at Dorchester Town.

Having bowed out of the FA Cup with their heads held very high at League Two Exeter City six days before, Bostik League division north side Swifts progressed in another national cup competition.

However, they had to come from behind to win on the road on this occasion against another opponent from a higher-placed league.

Dorchester, who play in the Evo-Stik Southern League premier division, made an early statement of intent as they scored with just three minutes on the clock when Phil Ormrod gave them the lead.

It wasn't the opening Swifts were looking for, however, they stayed in the game by keeping the deficit to just the one goal and that was to prove crucial in the latter stages.

They had to wait until the 83rd minute to get back on level terms when Sam Bantick fired in an equaliser and better was to come with 89 minutes on the clock when Luke Callander got what was to be the winner for Jody Brown's team.

MALDON & TIPTREE were also in FA trophy action against an Evo-Stik Southern League premier division opponent but they were unable to make progress as they were beaten 4-1 by Slough Town at Park Drive.

Slough are chasing promotion from step three and had been leading their division, so arrived in Maldon full of confidence.

The first-half stayed goalless as the Jammers held their higher-placed foes for 41 minutes until Matthew Lench opened the scoring for Slough to give the visitors a slender half-time lead.

The break did Maldon good, though, as a strike from Ryan Gondoh levelled the tie within four minutes of the restart, but, having been pegged back, Slough were able to stretch away in the final half hour of the match.

They went back ahead on 61 minutes with a goal from James Dobson, who added a third on 72 minutes and Lee Togwell's last-minute fourth rounded off the scoring.

While Maldon and Heybridge were in FA Trophy action, WITHAM TOWN were in Bostik League division north action and it was a good trip up to Norfolk for Adam Flint's team as they won 3-1 at Norwich United.

Having gone 12 games without a win, Witham have now won their last three in the league and moved up to 15th in the table.

Witham's win was built on an early burst of goals as Chinedu Osadebe scored in the tenth minute, Lance Akins made it 2-0 three minutes later and Correy Davidson added a third on 20 minutes.

The only down point for Witham came as Liam Jackson's goal in the final minute denied them of a third straight clean sheet.