MALDON DISTRICT COUNCIL PUBLIC NOTICE Notice of Conservation Area Designation – Woodham Walter, by Maldon District Council PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS AND CONSERVATION AREAS) ACT 1990, SECTION 69 and 70 WOODHAM WALTER CONSERVATION AREANotice ID: CO2419181
MALDON DISTRICT COUNCIL
Notice of Conservation Area Designation – Woodham Walter, by Maldon District Council
PLANNING (LISTED BUILDINGS AND CONSERVATION AREAS)
ACT 1990, SECTION 69 and 70
WOODHAM WALTER CONSERVATION AREA
NOTICE IS GIVEN under the provisions of the 1990 Act that Maldon District Council’s Planning and Licensing Committee approved the designation of a new conservation area in the village of Woodham Walter on the 2nd of March 2017. This follows a period of public consultation in August, September and October 2016. The conservation area is linear in form, running from Church Cottage and the parish church on Church Hill in the south down to 1&2 The Maples, Rectory Road, in the north.
A boundary map of the conservation area and a document titled Woodham Walter Conservation Area Character Statement which describes all of the properties affected and the implications of the designation are available via Maldon District Council’s website. Hard copies can be viewed at the District Council Offices, Princes Road, Maldon on weekdays from 8.30am until 5.00pm (4.30pm Fridays).
The principal effects of being included within a Conservation Area are as follows:
1. The Council is under a duty to prepare proposals to ensure the preservation or enhancement of the area.
2. Consent must be obtained from the Council for the demolition of any building in the area.
3. Special publicity must be given to planning applications for development in the area.
4. In carrying out any functions under the Planning Acts (and, in particular, in determining applications for planning permission and listed building consent), the Council and Secretary of State are required to take into account the desirability of preserving or enhancing the character or appearance of the area.
5. Six weeks notice must be given to the Council before works are carried out to any trees.
Interim Head of Planning Services
Council Offices, Princes Road,
Maldon, Essex, CM9 5DL
Date: 7 March 2017