Heybridge Swifts secured a derby victory against title-chasing Witham Town.

Swifts battled to a 2-1 victory at Scraley Road.

But Witham still lead the division as challengers VCD Athletic lost 2-1 at AFC Sudbury.

Swifts had an early chance when Harris went close with a free-kick in the opening minutes.

Dumebi Dumaka then forced the Witham keeper into a one-handed save and Ben Newson then fired the ball into the side netting.

Hopkins shoots from the right and it is saved on 20 minutes.

Witham’s Kris Newby then hit a shot from 20 years that just went wide on 29 minutes.

But it was the home side that took the lead two minutes later when Reece Harris fired in a powerful low shot from 18 yards.

Swifts went close again on 41 minutes when Danny Hopkins just shot wide from a Harris cross.

After the break, Witham had the early pressure and Andrews shot just over from long range.

Andrews then beat Everett and forced Swifts keeper Ashley Harrison to beat the ball away.

Newby ran at the Swifts defence but his shot soared over the bar.

Swifts then had a shout for a penalty when Dumaka went down in the box after a challenge from Brad Stopher but the appeals were waved away.

Harris then went close shooting just inches wide.

Witham then had two chances as Newby fired over and then Andrews hit a powerful shot that Harrison saved with his legs.

But it was Heybridge that increased their lead when Dumaka made it 2-0 on 90 minutes.

But Witham came back to reduce the deficit in the 94th minute when Joe Sweeney scored.

However, Swifts held on to secure the victory.

Ten-man Maldon and Tiptree secured a 1-0 win against Waltham Abbey.

After a goal-less first half at Park Drive Leon McKenzie opened the scoring on 59 minutes.

But five minutes later the Jammers were reduced to ten men when Ryan Wade was sent off for handling the ball on the goal-line.

However, the home side survived as Joe Pearman hit the resultant penalty against the post.

Abbey came more into the game, hit the bar and had an effort cleared off the line but couldn’t find a way back into the game.

Burnham Ramblers battled to a good win at Wroxham.

Terry Griffiths gave Ramblers the lead on 59 minutes.

It looked as if the away side had secured the win but on 90 minutes Joseph Marsden equalised for Wroxham.

But Ramblers didn’t lie down and went straight down the other end and Billy Hunt hit the winner.