A SPIRITED second-half comeback saw Burnham Rugby Club played out a 15-15 draw with Dagenham following an exciting contest.

Burnham decided to utilise as many of their Colts players as possible and adding to the ranks were debutants Kyle Page and Jake Gullen.

Dagenham started confidently and scored two quick tries in the first ten minutes which were unconverted.

Burnham seemed slightly out-powered in the first 20 minutes and were a little weak in the tackle.

However, they were not going to allow their opponents to control this fixture and they managed to exert some pressure and caused restlessness in the Dagenham pack.

They were rewarded with a penalty which Terry Stiffell popped through the posts with ease, to secure three points.

Undeterred, Dagenham scored another try in the 18th minute to leave Burnham trailing 15-3 at half-time.

The second half saw an amazing transformation.

Burnham got back into it when some tremendous destructive play from Al Gregory and Liam Hanna saw the ball out to the backs.

That allowed Burnham to score their first try through Callum Wiffen who reached over the line to just score near the corner and Terry Stiffell converted well.

Luke Cowell then scored Burnham's second try from a similar position after steam-rolling over the try line with the conversion narrowly missing.

Burnham played the last 20 minutes of the game with immense pressure and passion, despite being down to 14 men after a second yellow card of the match.

They managed to prevent Dagenham from scoring for the whole of the second half.

Dagenham had all of the pressure in the final stages but some outstanding defence from the whole of the Burnham team forced their opponents into mistakes, including a decision to run for a try and not kick a penalty.

Burnham kept the opposition away from the try line and pushed them back, before getting themselves into a scoring position in the final seconds of the match.

However, their lineout was contested and lost and a fantastic match ended in a thrilling draw.