Couple's horror as fire destroys the roof of their home

The fire

The fire

First published in Local News

A family watched in horror after a fire tore through the roof of their house.

Diane and George Dibben and their two children have been left homeless after flames spread to the roof of their home in Kings Road, Southminster.

Mrs Dibben, 60, said: “I was sitting in the living room and suddenly thought I could hear fireworks.

“There were all these bangs and whizzes so I looked out the window and all of that side of the house was bright orange.

“I called the fire service but by the time they got here the flames were in the roof.”

The roof of the house caught alight just after 10.45pm last Wednesday.

The fire service battled for several hours to extingish the flames and were finally able to put them out by 1am.

The fire is being treated as non-suspicious.

See todays MBS for the full story

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree