Man left homeless after electrical fire

Man left homeless after electrical fire

Man left homeless after electrical fire

First published in Local News
Last updated

A man has been left homeless after a fire blazed through his home.

Firefighters from Tollesbury, Tiptree and Maldon were called to Mell Road, Tollesbury, just after 5.30pm on Friday to tackle the fire, which involved an electricity meter box.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a dry powder extinguisher to put out the flames and UK Power Networks were called to the scene to isolate power. 

No-one was injured but the housing association that owns the house will have to find alternative accomodation for the man who lived there because of damage to the property.

The incident was dealt with just before 7.45pm. 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree