Mum's horror at kitchen fire

Maldon and Burnham Standard: Shona Hanton says her instinct kicked in when she saw the flames Shona Hanton says her instinct kicked in when she saw the flames

A mum fought a blaze in her kitchen that started when a hob was accidentally switched on.

Shona Hanton, 39, of Coombe Road, Southminster, was walking her Jack Russells, Krueger and Jackson, with son Caleb, 14 months, when she returned home to the fire last Friday evening.

She said: “I went out to walk the dogs, Jack Russells Krueger and Jackson, in the evening and when I came back I could hear the alarm.

“I assumed it was one of my neighbours, until I saw the smoke and flames.

“I ran the buggy and the dogs to safety at the end of the garden.

“Adrenalin kicked in, I just acted on instinct.

“I thought, ‘I’m not letting this fire get my home’.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:12pm Thu 22 May 14

Latchingdon says...

Diners burnt again Darling!!
Diners burnt again Darling!! Latchingdon
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree