New homes planned for North Fambridge rejected

The district council refused permission for the houses

The district council refused permission for the houses

First published in News

Plans for up to 30 new homes in North Fambridge have been rejected following more than 100 objections from residents.

The application for Manor Farm in The Avenue would have included two, three and four bedroom home, ten of them affordable.

North Fambridge Parish Council and about 106 residents, mostly from the village, had opposed the scheme.

A design and access statement to support the planning application said the development had been “carefully considered and designed in accordance with both national and local planning policy” and the aim was to provide high quality homes respecting neighbouring houses and the wider surrounding area.

But Maldon District Council’s north western area planning committee said although its draft Local Development Plan states the village could accommodate 75 homes over the next five years, the application had been submitted before it was finalised.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:06pm Sat 22 Feb 14

Jack222 says...

Shame the NIMBYs won; but they'll lose on appeal. We desperately need more houses in this country.
Shame the NIMBYs won; but they'll lose on appeal. We desperately need more houses in this country. Jack222
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree