Warning over dog mess dangers after rugby player hospitalised with infection

Maldon and Burnham Standard: Barney Binder Barney Binder

A rugby player had to undergo an operation after contracting an infection thought to be connected to dog fouling.

Barney Binder, 37, said doctors had told him they had never seen a case like it before.

The Maldon Rugby Club member had been on the pitch for a game on Saturday, January 18.

He said if the dog fouling was to blame for the infection, it shows how dangerous it could be if any children were playing on the pitch.

"I am sure that 95 per cent of dog owners are responsible and it's just the minority that don't care," said Mr Binder.

Full story in this week's Standard.


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree